Thursday, June 2, 2011

Google +1 is Available Now: Why it Matters & Why it May Not Work

Another step in the inexorable trudge toward customizing my web experience so that I never encounter an idea I’m inclined to dislike.  (Remember, information responsibility requires that I force myself to contemplate divergent ideas.)

Google's much-discussed +1 button became available for any and all website publishers today and it's a social initiative with a uniquely Google twist. Web travelers will be able to click the +1 button on any web page or ad they want to recommend (just generally recommend!) and then that page will be privileged in relevant searches performed by their Google account contacts. Searches on YouTube will show +1 results from Google contacts as well.

Google +1 is Available Now: Why it Matters & Why it May Not Work

No comments:

Post a Comment