Two interesting themes here: 1) Information irresponsibility (specifically, plagiarism), and 2) data visualization.
The image color-codes each page of the doctoral dissertation of former German defense minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, who recently resigned in response to allegations that he plagiarized much of it.
- One vertical bar per page.
- Horizontal axis: Page numbers
- White bar: Page on which no plagiarism has been found.
- Black bar: Page on which plagiarism from a single source was found.
- Red bar: Page on which plagiarism from multiple sources was found.
- Blue bar: Table of contents and appendices, excluded from the analysis.